The Colchester Half Marathon offers:
• 10:00 a.m. sharp start time – Saturday February 23, 2013
• USATF Certified course (CT112001JHP) certified 13.10938 hilly miles
• Volunteers on every corner
• No t-shirts
• Lots of hills
• No Awards
• Pre-race & post race massages
• Bacon Academy cafeteria post race hearty carbo re-load party, open to runners, volunteers, and their guests
• Mile marks painted on the road
• Dirt roads
• Bacon Academy High School for a warm & sheltered area to register, pick up your race bib, stretch, and to shower after the race
• Professional computerized chip timing and results
• Rural scenery
• Three Gatorade & water stations out on the course
• More hills
• Camaraderie, tales of woe, and a great bunch of runners
• An Awesome bunch of volunteers
• A loud and encouraging race director
• Sweep car - just in case someone needs a ride back, but if you hitch a ride you’ll be the last one back!
Do you want to join the fun but you’re not a big runner? Volunteer!! There is plenty to do, great folks to meet & plenty of fun to be had. Join everyone at the post race party & don’t go home hungry!
My offer to all runners - think the entry fee is too high, send me what you want! If you don’t have at least $12.00 worth of fun, or consume $12 worth of food & drink, or don’t get at least $12 worth of endorphins, we are even. But if you have a great time, be sure to put some more cash into the donation containers at the High School or the post race party in the high school cafeteria.
Broke? Can’t afford the gas & the entry fee? Come out and run it for free and come on over to the post race party too, just be sure and try to make it back when you can afford to pay!
We don’t want to turn anyone away from a course this tough!
No profit is made from this race and volunteers are not compensated in any way (so be sure to tell them you appreciate them) but we always hope to break even. This race is for and about all the runners who have supported so many good causes at so many other road races with their ever increasing entry fees. All Colchester Half marathon entry fees are spent on the race and the post race party, so enjoy!
Rick Konon - Colchester Half Marathon Race Director - (860-537-4597 between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
I look forward to seeing you at the starting line and later at the post race carbo re-load party!
Oh and spread the word! Thanks!